Friday, November 18, 2011

More "Sketching for Illustration" Paintings






These are a couple of paintings I did for my sketching for illustration class. I'd say I've made a huge improvement with my painting over the years, especially since I've been at Art Center. Before I came to Art Center I hardly even attempted to paint anything. I think it was because of the process of painting and the quality of my paintings. I always admired the masters of painting and tried to replicate them but no matter how hard I tried it didn't look anything like their paintings. But that's because I lacked technique and the knowledge of how to paint. From what I've been taught at Art Center I actually enjoy painting now, unlike before when I told everyone I hated it. Hopefully in the near future I can become a master painter too.

No comments:

Post a Comment