Friday, September 18, 2009

Konnichiwa. Today I went to the ward office of Shinjuku to apply for my Alien Registration Card. It's sort of like a Green card in America. Do I feel strange about it? Nah, not really. Do I feel like I can relate to the immigrants in America now? Yes, definitely. If one doesn't carry it with them, you can be sent to jail. It's basically a card that says "Hi, I'm not from here."

Also at the office, I had a chance to realize how much my Japanese sucks when testing it in the mother land. I also know how those people we see in America that can't speak English feel. It's very frustrating. On a good note, here's a pic of my room. I hear it's much bigger than usual rooms. It's half of an attic.

Yep, that's Mickey Mouse on the pillow homie. And the top left yellow nub is the leg of a stuffed Pooh bear. Pretty sweet, simple, and calming. That's all for now, more interesting things to come...for real real.

No comments:

Post a Comment